Type: Adjustable Auto-Cycling
Vacuum: Air Powered Venturi
Page: 5 of 9
Assemble the Venturi
The vacuum press will be cycling on and off during operation. To do this, an electro-mechanical valve is needed to open and close the airflow from your air compressor. I suggest the use of Mac Valve brand pneumatics simply because they are reliable and energy efficient.
The vacuum generator (also known as a venturi) operates on compressed air. See page #2 on this chart for the air compressor requirements.
Warning: Brass products may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity.
|Parts used in this section:
Female to male check valve
Brass "close" fitting
1/4" Brass barb fitting (elbow )
- Apply thread sealing tape to all of the male sides of the fittings for this assembly.
- Attach the breather fitting to port #3 on the Mac valve .
- Attach the compressed air quick connector to port #1.
- Attach the brass "close" fitting to port #2 on the Mac valve .
- Attach the venturi to the close fitting so it is oriented as shown below.
- Attach the female to male check valve to the vacuum port on the venturi.
- Attach the brass barb elbow fitting. When tight, the fitting should be pointing in the same direction as the quick connector fitting.
- The final assembly should appear as shown in the picture below.
These instructions are provided for assembling the components available from VeneerSupplies.com. If you are using different components the exact connections may vary. If so, your best bet may be to take the venturi and the valve to the hardware store and play around with the fittings until you find a combination that works.