- You are a woodworker and you enjoy building things right?
Build a vacuum press and not only will you understand how the system works, you'll also get the satisfaction of knowing your veneered panels came out perfectly because you built the system. Click here to see the vacuum pressing systems being built by other woodworkers.
- A vacuum press is very easy to build. The average builder can have the system completed in a few hours.
- It's very affordable compared to the big name vacuum presses which can cost $700 or more.()
- This vacuum press requires no proprietary parts. In other words, if something ever needs replacement, you will be able to find the parts without a hassle. Vacuum pumps offered at VeneerSupplies.com are made in the USA and have rebuild kits available that the manufacturers have promised to offer for a minimum of 10 years!
- The vacuum press will work on any size project from humidor lids to large table tops and even curved and bent lamination work.
- Due to the nonproprietary nature of this veneer press, you'll find it very easy to modify and adapt. Many users are now building systems for use with vacuum chucking (lathe work) as well as vacuum clamping and templating.
- Unlike the "big" vacuum press companies, the vacuum bags require no special equipment, chemicals, or kits to repair. If you built a vacuum bag with parts described in this article, you can patch a bag in less than a minute!
- Since the vacuum press is built with heavy duty parts, it's durable, reliable, and predictable.
- The venturi (compressed air power) version of the vacuum press has only one moving part and weighs only 11 lbs.
- The motorized pump version of the vacuum press operates quietly. You can carry on a conversation while standing right next to the system. And unlike the models sold at many woodworking stores, this system doesn't run continuously. When full vacuum is achieved, the pump shuts off automatically.
- I maintain and update several pages of "frequently asked questions" or FAQ's so that vacuum press questions and veneering concerns can be answered easily at any time.
- As of January of 2018, I've personally answered over 160,000 emails from hobbyist woodworkers, hi-end furniture manufacturers, stereo speaker builders, skateboard builders and radio controlled plane/glider builders. Many of these emails resulted in adjustments and clarifications to the vacuum press article.
- The vacuum press articles are continuously being improved. I use the vacuum presses on a regular basis and I'm always looking for an easier, more durable, or less expensive way to modify the unit. And with so many users out there, I receive a constant flow of contributions and suggestions for improvement.
- I support this vacuum system 150%. If you have any questions before, during, or after its construction, do not hesitate to email me.
Ham Lake Minnesota
Gold Canyon Arizona
Corpus Chrisi Texas